Sunday 4 September 2016

Welcome to Denny's, circa 2019

It happened.

I attended an Ottawa Champions baseball game on September 2, 2016.  I arrived late.  I walked up to the ticket window.

I offered $15 - a $5 bill and a $10 bill.  The attendant looked at me, took the $10 bill, and gave me a ticket. I thought, "How odd. Tickets are $12 for adults, and he charged me $10.  Surely he was mistaken!"

Then I looked at the ticket prices.  It was $12 for adults, and $10 for seniors over 65 years of age.

OMG!!!!! He thought I was a senior!

For the record, I was 52 years, 8 months, 23 days old when I was first pegged as an oldster!

I used to joke that I will qualify for the Denny's seniors discount when I turn 55...in a little over 2 years.

I'm not joking now.
Image result for old man cartoon

1 comment: